On the 26th March 2012 one more Multinational PSOs Officers Basic Course started as scheduled.
33 students out of 7 different nations (Armenia, Cyprus, UAE, Greece, Jordan, Serbia and Romania), have responded with participation in this 2 weeks course.
During the course, students will attend 37 hours of academic classes, where issues relevant to Multinational PSOs Officers Basic Course are addressed and explained in detail. Moreover, trainees will have the opportunity to carry out field exercises in GPS, Mines, Check Point and Daytime Patrol.
During their stay in Greece a tentative program with social events will follow, to allow trainees visit the famous Greek antiquities in the site of Vergina where the tomb of King Phillip II (Alexander’s the Great father) is located and other sightseeing.
Next course to come is the 3 weeks UN Military Observers Course scheduled to start on the May 7th t, 2012. Participation of well known national and international Guest Speakers and Instructors from various Institutions is expected.
Purpose of the UN Military Observers Course Course:
- To prepare officers from different countries, for assignment as Military Observers, in PSOs.
- To familiarize the trainees, with UN structure procedures, SOPs and Terminology.
Learning Objectives of the UNMO Course:
- UN structure, procedures, SOPs and Terminology.
- Military observers basic duties, responsibilities and procedures.
- Plan and conduct patrolling activities (GPS and land navigation included), as well as
execute monitoring, investigation and reporting tasks.
- Description of UN PKO Legal Framework.
- Negotiation-mediation and coordination with IOs and NGOs.
- Hygiene, self protection and mine awareness measures.
Slots are still available, so whoever may have an interest in this course can send a joining report ASAP.