NATO Public Affairs Officer's Basic Course (I)
To provide students with a working knowledge of NATO’s PA policy, responsibilities, procedures and duties of a Public Affairs Office.
- NATO Policy on Public Affairs.
- Useful skills for a Public Affairs Officer.
- Public Affairs and Psy Ops, Info Ops, CIMIC.
- PAOs Experiences from Missions.
- Media environment/New Media.
- Public Affairs Office.
- Public Affairs Planning.
- Public Affairs Functions.
- Public Affairs Procedures.
- Legal Aspects.
- Media Analysis.
- Interview Training.
- Syndicate work.
- Public Affairs exercise.
- Officers OF-1 up to OF-5 or civilians of equivalent rank.
- English language proficiency as described in STANAG 6001/ Listening 3- Speaking 2 - Reading 3 - Writing 2.
- Up to 35 participants. Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the
MPSOTC) will be provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants(NATO
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP, MeD and other countries, according to bilateral arrangements.
- Duration: two weeks from 6 - 17 Feb 2017.
- Course fee: 100 € per week.
- Dress: Service and battle uniform.