On 27 June 2011 one more Sea/Land Border Security and Refugees’ Control Course started as scheduled.
10 students out of 3 different Countries (Armenia, Greece, and Turkey), have responded with participation in this 2 weeks course.
During the course, students will attend 34 hours of academic classes, where Sea/Land Border and Refugees’ Control Course issues are explained. Moreover, 25 hours of field training is planned to give the opportunity to exercise what will be instructed at theory lessons.
Next course to come is the 2 weeks “Basic PAO” scheduled to start on the 19th of September. Participation of famous national and international Guest Speakers and Instructors from various Institutions is expected.
Slots are still available, so Countries that may have an interest in this course send your joining report asap here.
Through general orientations, one week theory and a one week practice with syndicate work and scenario based field exercise, the students will receive:
- Human/Refugees’ rights
- Hygiene in a Refugee camp / Environmental Health
- Handling of Refugees and refugees camp
- Negotiation Mediation techniques
- Cultural Awareness
- Patrolling/Observation Post/Check Point
- Media Relations
- Coast Guard Duties and Procedures
- Passport Check and Verification of Travel Documents
- Crime Categories, conducted by Refuges (legal-illegal) - Reaction Measures
- Use of Working Dogs
Cpt (GRC-A) Nikolaos Pitsakidis
Phone: +30 23410.27468 ext 146
Fax : +30 23410.27648