United Nations Military Observers - UNMO
- To prepare officers from different countries for assignment as Military Observers in
Peace Support Operations.
- To familiarize the trainees with UN structure procedures, SOPs and terminology.
- UN structure, procedures, SOPs and Terminology.
- Military observers basic duties, responsibilities and procedures.
- Plan and conduct patrolling activities (GPS and land navigation included), as well as
execute monitoring, investigation and reporting tasks.
- Description of UN PKO Legal Framework.
- Negotiation-mediation and coordination with IOs and NGOs.
- Media Relations.
- Hygiene, self protection and mine awareness measures.
- Cultural Awareness.
- Human Trafficking.
- Refugees, IDPs issues.
- Hostage Survival.
- Working with Interpreters.
- Officers OF-1 up to OF-4 or civilians of equivalent rank.
- English language proficiency as described in STANAG 6001/3-2-3-2.
- Up to 35 participants. (20 slots will be available to international students).
Allocations will be on a “ first comes – first served ” basis.
- Domestic (inland) transportation support (from Thessaloniki airport to the
MPSOTC) will be provided by MPSOTC.
- Accommodation, food and drink expenses are to be paid by the participants (NATO
- There will be no charge for lodging and messing for some PfP and MeD countries,
according to bilateral agreements.
- Duration: 3 Weeks from 8 -26 May 2017.
- Course fee: 100 € per week.
- Dress: Service and field uniform.